CHATEAU MUSHROOM & DILL GRAVY
- 2 cups of sliced mushrooms
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/4 cup finely minced white onion
- 2 heaping tablespoons of sour cream
- 2 T of Maggi Seasoning
- 4 Tablespoons of Butter + 1 tablespoon
- 2 Cups of beef broth
- 1 tablespoon of corn starch
- 2 T of dried dill
- salt and pepper
- white pepper
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- Add the butter to a skillet and then add the mushrooms, onions and garlic, sauté low and slow until the mushrooms and onions are golden brown in color.
- Season the mushroom with the Maggi Seasoning, white pepper to taste (we use 1 teaspoon) black pepper and a pinch of salt. Sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Add your beef broth and bring to a gentle boil, whisk your corn starch with your sour cream and just a tiny splash of water to make it smooth and add it to the simmering pan.
- Whisk until the sour cream mixture is well combined and the gravy starts to thicken.
- Add the sugar, dill and 1 tablespoon of butter, stirring until the butter is melted and the sugar is dissolved.
This gravy is perfect for beef or pork and goes really well with our CHATEAU BREAD DUMPLINGS