- 1 Bag of Chateau Mini Dumplings
- 1 C of Sugar
- 3 t of Cinnamon
- 1 T of Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 3 C of Vegetable Oil for frying
- 1 16 oz Can of Apple Pie Filling
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 Red Apple, Sliced thin
- Thaw your mini dumplings by spreading them out on a floured cookie sheet, this should take about one hour.
- Heat your veggie oil in a deep skillet to at least 200 degrees. Be very careful, this oil is very hot.
- Prepare a bowl with the sugar, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Layer several paper towels on a dish.
- Set up a work station near the stove, so that you can add the dumplings to the oil, remove them and place them in the bowl of cinnamon sugar and then the paper towel plate to cool.
- Begin frying your minis in batches. Using a slotted spoon or strainer add about 8 to 10 dumplings to the oil at a time. They will fry for about 3 minutes before they begin floating to the top. Remove them with a strainer or slotted spoon and immediately place them in the bowl of sugar and spices.
- Toss them to coat and then transfer them to the paper towels.
- Repeat this process until all the minis have been fried and coated in the cinnamon sugar.
- The final step is easy, add about 8 minis to a bowl, top with a tablespoon of apple pie filling, some ice cream, a few apple slices and a sprinkle of the sugar mixture.
- These minis can be made up to one day in advance and kept in an airtight container.