•Two (2) boxes of Chateau Bread Dumplings (steamed)
• Two (2) 8-ounce Package Cream Cheese, softened
• 1/3 Cup Maple Syrup
• One (1) Teaspoon Cinnamon
• Three (3) Cups Blueberries
• Three (3) Eggs
• One (1) & 2/3 Cups Heavy Cream or Milk
• one (1) Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
• 1/2 Stick Butter
• 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
• 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
• 1/2 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Lightly butter a 3-quart casserole dish.
2. In a medium bowl using a hand mixer or large spoon, combine the cream cheese with the maple syrup, & cinnamon, & then fold in the blueberries.
3. Spread about one Tablespoon of the blueberry cream cheese mixture onto one side of each slice of bread. Place bread slices evenly in a row in the prepared baking dish.
4. Use a glass-measuring cup or medium bowl to whisk together the eggs, cream or milk, and vanilla extract. Pour mixture evenly over bread slices.
5. Cover pan with foil and refrigerate at least 3 hours – overnight.
(Overnight is best).
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
7. Place the bread mixture in the oven with the foil cover on and bake 45- 60 minutes until liquids are absorbed and bread is golden brown. *For a crispier top remove foil and add an additional 5-10 minutes of cooking.
8. Prepare the topping: Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the brown sugar until smooth. Whisk in the maple syrup and cinnamon. Drizzle over as desired.