serves 4 to 6
- 1 box of bread dumplings, thawed
- 3 large eggs
- 1 C of milk
- 1/2 C of heavy cream
- 2 packets of instant hot cocoa
- Whisk all the ingredients together except the bread dumplings.
- When the ingredients are combined, place the bread dumplings in a shallow casserole dish and pour the batter over the bread dumplings.
- Let the bread dumplings soak in the hot chocolate batter for about 15 minutes.
- Heat a skillet with some butter and fry the dumplings on both sides fro about 6 minutes on each side.
- Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of hot cocoa mix.
We hope you love this recipe. Our dumplings make the difference in this recipe by providing a unique texture that absorbs the french toast batter but do not get soggy. They make the perfect french toast that is special for the holidays but easy enough for a regular day.